This picture pretty much sums up my whole trip. We spent a lot of time on Canal Street. We took the subway everywhere we went. It rained like crazy and we were constantly wet. We spent 3 of the days dressed up going to baptisms, firesides, and church. We were constantly laughing at something and posing for random pictures. And last but not least, I reenacted parts of Big Business everywhere we went. I totally felt like Sadie in those sneakers.
I randomly ran into one of my mission companions in the middle of New York City! She lives in Provo so I see her often but it was fun to see her out there. It truly is a small world even in such a huge city.
The best part of New York is getting purses on Canal Street. We had more fun there than we should have. After our first trip, we had so many bags that we could barely carry them all home. We went back the next day with Amelia's sister-in-law just to make sure we got everything we needed and of course found more that we just had to have. If anyone's looking for a purse I'd be more than willing to show you the ropes of Canal.
We went and checked out the Plaza. Big Business is one of my all time favorite movies so I couldn't resist the urge to imitate Lilly Tomlin.
There's nothing quite like a slice of New York pizza.

2 comments:
Looks like you guys had so much fun! Love the purses can't wait to see you sporting one. I'm coming home next weekend so we will have to do something soon!
Miss laura, this is Tanya from the good ol' raintree! how the heck are ya?! Looks like you are doing well! Amelia told me about your blog so now i can "stalk you" i mean keep up with you :)
Post a Comment