Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ridin' Cowboy

My little nephew Caleb LOVES cowboys. In fact, he thinks he is one. He sports his cowboy hat, boots, and belt buckle everywhere he goes. (He even wears his attire with his pj's, swimsuit, and church clothes.) I took him to the Draper Rodeo to see all the cowboys and horses. He loved watching the mutton bustin' but when I asked if he wanted to do it he got way nervous and told me no. We had a grand ol' time.

I'm not sure what KK enjoyed most.... seeing all the cowboys, eating candy all night or being doted on by everyone around him. He thought we were all there just for him. He was too busy chewing his Mike and Ikes to take time to smile for the picture.

There's nothing better than a good snow cone at a rodeo. KK thought he was pretty hot stuff.

Some of my buddies that went to the rodeo with us. KK left after a few hours because it was way after his bedtime and he was getting tired. When he got home he told Sarah and Paul all about it then told them that he was ready to go back. He was pretty sad when he found out that he was home to stay.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Laura, Which is weird to call you! Sister Linnell! Benjy and I enjoyed looking at your blog! You look great! I am assuming those little ones are nieces and nephews? I bet you make an awesome Auntie! We hope all is well. We will be keeping up with you on your blog. You know our offer always stands....if you ever want to visit Minnesota (you have some relatives here, right?) You always have a place to stay with us! We have an extra bedroom and you have my email!