Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Working Hard or Hardley Working???

For some crazy reason when I took this job, I was under the impression that I would be working all the time. I have been pleasantly surprised to find out that my impressions were wrong. I honestly don't feel like I have worked at all since I've been up here. I feel like I am on a nice little vacation with a super awesome family....if only work were always this good.

This is little Chloe. She is so dang cute and out of this world smart. She has her own nanny who is with her most of the day so I don't get to play with her too often but when I do, we have a blast. Recently she has decided that she wants to be a 'woo-woo' and go for walks. She really wanted her own leash and this is what we came up with. I hold Chloe's leash in one hand and the dogs in the other. I have been called many different names by little kids trying to pronounce Laura (LaLa, Warda, YaYa, Lira, etc.) but Chloe's name takes the cake: Lord-a-la. It cracks me up every time she says it.

This little guy had a rough go for a few weeks but is much better now. He had an intense case of acid reflux and no matter we tried to do to help it, he was still miserable. After trying every possible thing we could think of, someone suggested to try a rice-based formula and it worked! He is now the happiest little baby and sleeping for hours at a time! It is so fun to be able to sit around and play with him without feeling that I have to rush off to do a million other things. It is a dream!

This is the third child of the family. The other day I went in my room and I could hear someone snoring. There had been construction workers here all day and I was convinced one of them had sneaked into my room and fallen asleep. I was a little nervous to check it out but was very relieved when I found Friday snuggled up on my pillow. She has claimed my bed as her own and sleeps with me every night.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Sounds like you are having an amazing experience. If I could afford you, I would have you for a nanny! You are awesome!