Earlier this summer, I was called to be on the Sandy Institute Council. This past weekend we had a leadership retreat in Bear Lake. Luckily, the family I am nanning for in Idaho flew me home so I wouldn't have to miss out. I am glad they did because we had so much fun!

The first day we got there, we decided to take a little walk down to the beach. We weren't planning on getting wet, so we didn't put our suits on. After being there for a few minutes, we were all regretting that decision. Raquel and I went out on a paddle boat with Josh thinking that we could stay dry.... we had a nice long walk back to the cabin with wet bums:) It was totally worth it though.

These are all the girls on the council hanging out at the cabin. It's amazing how much laughter can be produced by such a small group of girls. We told stories, laughed and watched the boys sing Karaoke until the wee hours of the morning.

All the council members after our service project. We cleared out bushes, trees, and weeds on the Smith's property.

There are 16 members on the council who are all selected by different institute teachers and Priesthood Leaders. What would the chances be that out of thousands of students, 3 girls from the same home ward would be chosen?? We're not complaining.....

I got to (or had not choice but to) drive a boat for the first time ever. We didn't plan things out very well and we ended up with a boat full of people who didn't know how to back a trailer or drive a boat except for Josh and he couldn't do both. Josh was a great teacher and everything worked out perfectly. (That's Josh standing on the dock directing my every move.)

A perfect ending to a perfect trip. Bear Lake just isn't complete without a trip to La Beau's.
3 comments:
I LOVE Bear Lake!!!!
Looks like fun, Laura. I love Bear Lake, and La Beau's!! Any trip with you is always full of laughs. Glad you had a good time. :-)
You are busy!! It's good to hear from you! I'm glad that you found my blog, it'll be to keep up with you! Tell Amelia and Raquel "hi" for me.
Post a Comment