I love Halloween! It is such a fun holiday. I never really thought about how odd of a holiday it really is until I was trying to explain it to my mission companion from Cambodia...."People dress up in all different kinds of costumes and then go door to door asking for candy." "Why would anyone want to do that??" "Because it's fun." "Sure it is......you Americans are strange."
This year whole family went out to Matt and Bendi's for Halloween dinner. The men took the kids trick-or-treating while the gals stayed back and chatted. Usually it is the other way around but since Bendi and Sarah are pregnant and Beky had just had Bronco two days before, we thought we would switch things up this year. I must admit, I was a big fan of the change. I took a million pictures of the kids in their costumes but this one was a favorite. I might be a little prejudice but I'm pretty sure that's the cutest cowboy and scooby I've ever seen.
After our family shindig, I went to a party with some friends. We all randomly showed up in our western gear except for Amelia. We quickly transformed her from a Hawaiian girl to a cowgirl to complete our western theme. We couldn't have done a better job if we planned it.
Apparently our western theme was meant to be. Across the street from the party we went to, there was a giant ceramic horse. We couldn't resist just one picture..... It totally made us official. Nate, the one in the black, could have been mistaken for a real live cowboy with that look on his face. We saw some really good costumes at the party. I'm super excited to test a few of them out for next year.....our theme will be even more amazing!

5 comments:
Very cute Laura... love the pictures. Are you talking about S. Kim?
Scooby and the little Cowboy have the most darling grins plastered on their faces...couldn't be thoughts about candy involved. How fun that you and your friends got all dressed up too!
nice laura!!! you know what they say about those wrangler butts! :) cute pics of halloween! love the scooby costume too. xoxo, C
Laura!!!
Man I have missed, really one day we need to get together, maybe if we keep saying that it will actually happen!
I am so glad you found me. You are such a cutie I love your blog!
Post a Comment