Tuesday, October 28, 2008

San Diego

My life long friend Lindsay and I decided to take a little trip to San Diego last week. We bought our tickets a few days before and just took off. We had no clue what we were going to do once we got there but we ended up having the time of our lives. We found a super cheap motel on the internet in Chula Vista..... Next time we will definitely stay elsewhere:) For some odd reason we ended up on the beach in our clothes on more than one occasion...



We took the ferry over to Coronado Island and checked things out over there. At first we couldn't figure out what all the hype was about..... until we made it to the beach. It was beautiful. We had ourselves a grand time collecting sand dollars for the nieces and nephews.

The only thing we had planned before our adventure started was to go to Sea World. It was so much fun. We had two-day passes and the first day we went it was packed. We really wanted to pet the dolphins but there were just too many people. The next day we went back, there was hardly anyone there. We went back to the dolphin tank and in the words of Lindsay "we didn't just get to touch them... we called them and them came to us!"

For some reason we thought it would be a good idea to ride the Shipwreck Rapids... twice. The first time through we didn't get wet at all but on the second round we got drenched. It was all worth it though.

Proof that we did make it to the beach in our swim attire. We went to La Jolla beach and played in the freezing cold, massively huge waves. I drank more than the recommended dose of sea water and fear that I am still paying the price of doing so:)

After our adventure at La Jolla, we decided to check out the temple since we were so close. We were in our swimsuits and felt apostate being on the temple grounds. Some guy saw us taking pictures from the car and told us to get out so he could take our picture. He was very insistant that we did it, so we did.

On our way back form the temple, still in our swimsuits, we decided to stop and grab someting to eat in Old Town. We happened upon a ghost hunter....apparently the house we're standing in front of is one of the top-ten most haunted houses in the nation. He had a camera set up taking pictures ever couple of seconds, waiting to capture the ghost on film.

Confession: We made it back to our hotel room every night by 8 or 9 where we sat and ate from our self-made mini bar.....we were living the high life. This was honestly one of the best vacations I have ever taken. We've decided to make it a yearly tradition. If anyone wants to join us next year.....let us know!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Sounds like a blast. Let me know about next year and I'll see what I can do!!!

Alli said...

Laura - you're so cute! You are always so spur of the moment..I love it! I love the picture of you in your swim attire in front of the temple! Most gorgeous temple!...Count me in for next year :)

ps- i love coronado! It's one of my favorite places to visit.

Cindy England said...

Laura, I'm so glad I have your blog now to see the great pictures of everything I hear about that you do!!! San Diego looks beautiful and it sounds like you guys had an awesome time! xoxo, C